British railway system VS Chinese railway system or...
London undergroudn VS Hong Kong MTR
There's no competition there at all. China or HK system wins. I was on my early train today from Victoria to Chatham, aiming to arrive on time. Since a long time ago, reminded by my mentor, I have been on a arriving late, or very late habit. I considered arriving 10 mins late as ontime, more than 30 mins as late. Those who knows me too well, simply know the best place to meet me is somewhere you can sit, and occupy yourseld.
Back to my train jounrey, it was a total of 35 mins late, due to the driver of the train was late. Why he was late, coz the train he took to go to work was late. We were then running like ducks (CHINESE expression [ chi.exp]), coz Connex cannot decide whether the train to fast to Feversham or stopped at Rochester and Chatham. In the end, my train went off to Chathan safely, and very late. I so want a cup of tea and sandwich on the train, but the lovely trolley when came round to my seat when I left the train.
I managed to see 4 students today, and having a chat with a lady, I think I am doing the right thing. I got a feeling that I am doing some kind of illegal immigration advice, which usually cost £3000 for the whole session, now its £2.50 (that's a 15 mins consultation) per session. (Did I tell you I worked in an immigration company in China Town before... that's dodgy)
RAH is becoming a chessy place. Playing chessy music, but chessy as such means they play the horse racing music (those fr HK will know what I mean). I have no sympathy to those who went to see Mr Pav (Pavarotti), everyone in the stewards room complain he can't sing, and this is possibly his last show in UK. Hurrah! Gone another fatty!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home