Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I am doing PHD next year!

Hiya everyone, sorry for those who read this blog, notice is here and havn’t see me for a long time. I am currently in hiding so that I will pass my master this year. Good god if I fail…. Noooo, this won’t happen, and lets pray for me.

I went to a university today and was offered a PhD place, that’s good news isn’t it? Yes, it was interesting because I was persuaded to take up someone as my superviser, it seems he’s desperate for student. Anyway, it was a good thing, and I definitely put an idea to them that I WANT THE BURSARY!!

E-mails have been coming in wondering if I’m going to move up north. Well, possibility, but it took me more than 3 months to decide on whether I want to do a master in art management or ethnomusicology. In the end, I chose something that I’m good at. I never look like an academic person, I managed to just pass my HKCEE with lower than minimum grade, and here I am, doing a PhD.

It really depends on what you want to do, and I must say, long term planning is the formula for success. I planned my studies, i.e. what I want to do when I was doing my A-level, and it was easy breezy (except my 1st year) since then. I do not need to persuade very hard that I know what I am talking about, i.e. the subject I’m doing.

Anyway, I’m trying to stay in London. So wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home